Saturday 19 January 2008

Mandy Groom Statement

The following statement is from a barmaid at the club. It doesn't paint me in a very good light. This statement was taken before any of the actual witness statements. Remember she stayed behind at the club for hours waiting to give this statement chatting to other staff members. I beleive the Police thought they already had their man and this just fuelled that belief. I want to touch on a couple of things raised by her. She mentions the amount I had to drink that evening and said she thought I was drunk and that I had blood shot eyes due to drugs. I will at a later stage show the blood test results that were taken on my arrest. Both proved NEGATIVE. I emphasise that because I think its important. Her thoughts should not have been allowed to come into it. She should of stuck to what she knew. I explained in my Police interviews , again I will post them later that I was renovating an old house and anyone who has ever repaced old lathe and plaster ceilings will appreciate the amount of shit that gets in your eyes. Anyway I wasn't on drugs that night. Fortunately for me I had stopped taking drugs on the November before. So to the amount of drinks she thought I had that night. Again I explained it to the Police in my interviews that as I used to get free drinks when I worked there, I used to get my mates drinks without telling the barstaff who they where for. Whenever I see Mandy Groom now I think you stupid cow. It used to be easy for me to blame people for what happened and she was one of them but now I don't give it any thought.
So to her statement...

MANDY GROOM
ADDRESS:
AGE / DATE OF BIRTH 23 07011963
OCCUPATION BARMAID
Who states: - This statement consisting of 6 pages, each signed
By me, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make
it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I shall be liable to
prosecution if I have willfully stated in it anything which I know
to be false or do not believe to be true.

DATED: 020391 MANDY GROOM (SIGNED)

I am Mandy Julie GROOM, and I live at the address stated overleaf. I am employed on a part time basis at the Cellar Bar, Page Stair Lane, Tuesday Market Place, Kings Lynn. I normally work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 3.00pm until we finish which is normally about 1.30am the following morning. I have worked there for the last four months. On Friday 1st March 1991 I arrived for work at about 8.00pm, having got a lift from one of the other barmaids, Emma REGISTER, in her car an Austin Metro. The car was parked in Page Stair Lane, outside Patrick and Thompsons gate The Cellar Bar normally has bouncers on the door on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. On the evening in question, the Friday evening there were two bouncers on the door until 10.30pm, Micky TEAL and another man I just know as lan. After 10.30pm they were joined by another bouncer, Rod M00RE. There is a pool of different men who act as bouncers I never know who is actually going to be working at the bar until they arrive. Sometime between 12.15am and 12.30am the following morning I was behind the bar when I heard the sound of glasses smashing in the middle of the hall. At this the hall in the main room in the Cellar bar is still full, with probably over 100 customers in some of whom are still trying to order drinks. When I heard the noise I looked up and saw Micky TEAL with his hands around the neck of one of the customers. I would describe this customer as follows; over 6 ft tall, medium build with short blonde hair. I did not recognize this man and in fact this was the first time I had noticed him, in the premises. I cannot remember what he was wearing. I then saw Micky TEAL march this man to the door, whilst still holding his hands around the man’s neck. He did this quite fast, pushing other customers out of the way. Rod MOORE had been standing by the side of Micky TEAL and he also walked along side him, but he didn't have hold of the man in any way. They all went through the door into the entrance hall where there is a small table which normally has a till on top of it. They closed the double doors behind them and so I could not see what Happened inside the entrance hall. Other than Micky TEAL, Rod MOORE and the man I have described I did not see anyone else go into the entrance hall. On the bar is a television screen for a remote camera which is situated on the steps which lead to the outside entrance of the club. This enables us to see the customers outside the club, before we let them in. I looked at the television screen and saw the outside doors to the entrance hall also being closed. All three men stayed inside the entrance hall for about one to two minutes. I could hear the sound of raised voices, inside the entrance hall as if an argument was taking place, though I was unable to near what was being said, or who was saying what. After this short time I then saw the man with the blond hair standing in the middle of the stairs outside the club. I saw this again on the remote camera. I had not seen him walk out, but I could see he was on his own. Micky TEAL and Rod MOORE then walked back into the main hall, where I could see them from the bar I don't know where Rod. went to, but Micky stood at the end of the bar Micky then started to speak to a man with dark hair, who was wearing a burgundy coloured rugby shirt. I did not know this man and the first time I remembered seeing him was when Micky TEAL started to talk to him I then saw the man walk outside with Micky TEAL who had been joined by Rod MOORE. They were also followed by a group of about ten other customers. I than followed them myself to see what was happening. I had to crawl underneath the hatch in the bar to get out. As the men were going through the door I heard a girl scream something like "Rod you don't have to go out there, it doesn’t take two". I followed the group outside and when I got about half way up the stairs I could see Micky TEAL holding the man with dark hair around the throat with both hands. I heard him say to him something like, "You don't tell me what to fucking do. I just do what I fucking want to do". I then saw Micky TEAL head-butt the man whilst he was still holding him around, the neck. he did this just once. At this time Rod MOORE was standing by the side of Micky, and the other people who had followed them out were standing behind the man I saw Micky TEAL head butt the man I immediately ran back down the stairs and back into the club when I got back inside the club I saw that Paul, the manager was on the telephone. I shouted at him to ring the police. I then went back behind the bar and carried on with my work. Sometime later, I am not sure how long; I saw Micky TEAL and Rod MOORE walk back into the premises. Both men were wearing black trousers and Rod was wearing a white shirt, whilst Micky was wearing a white shirt with a stripe in it. Both men were covered in blood. Micky had blood running down his face from his forehead and his shirt was also covered in blood. Rod had no blood on his face, but his shirt also had blood on it, but less than on Mickys shirt. Both men ordered a pint of lager from Emma the other barmaid, which they were given. At this time there were about ten customers left in the club, and lan the other bouncer was still trying to get than to leave, Micky and Rod were both standing at the bar drinking their lager. I do not know what they were talking about but I heard Rod telling Micky to Calm down and leave it alone I can't remember if they finished their drinks or not, but then Micky got up and walked out of the club. Rod MOORE followed him. About 5 minutes later Rod returned, but this time he was on his own. Rod told me to get him another drink, but I refused, so Emma got him one. Rod had just had a mouthful of his drink when the police arrived and took Rod away with them. Throughout the evening Micky TEAL had been drinking at the bar. He was drinking pints of lager from about 8.30pm until about 10.30pm when Rod MOORE arrived. He then started to drink double Southern Comforts, together with bottles of Sol lager. Rod MOORE was drinking vodka and lemonade together with bottles of Sol lager. Both men had drunk a fair quantity of alcohol, Micky TEAL more so. I am unable to say whether Micky TEAL was drunk by the end of the evening because he always gives the impression of being under the influence of drink, as he has blood-shot eyes and this is normally the way I can tell whether a person is drunk or not, but by the sheer quantity he had drunk I think he must have been drunk. I think Micky may have been under the influence of drugs as well as the alcohol though I have never seen him taking any drugs. From about 10.30pm Micky seemed very aggressive towards the customers, as if he was looking for a fight. Micky was even aggressive towards Emma, the other barmaid. When he had come back into the Cellar Bar with blood on his face Emma had offered him some ice to put on his injuries, which he took, but he told her to "Fuck off". Rod on the other hand seemed calmer than Micky and whilst he was on the premises he did not have as much to drink as Micky. At some point during the evening I heard a crashing sound from the main hall area, and shortly afterwards someone brought a television set into the kitchen area, which is next door to the bar. I did not see what had happened to e television. I am unable to say whether this was before or after the incident with the blond haired man, in the entrance hall. I would also state that the other bouncer lan did not drink any alcohol to my knowledge, and only drank orange juice and lemonade. He took no part in either the incident with the blonde haired man, or the one involving the man with the dark hair wearing the rugby shirt. I remained sober throughout the evening, having only been drinking lime and soda.

No comments: