Thursday 31 January 2008

RE:Gary Daw. Why aren't alarm bells ringing?

Here we have a witness to the actual fight outside the Council Offices. He couldn't have been any closer a mere 20 feet away at one stage. As the fight is taking place he is walking towards it with his girlfriend, so he had a good chance to see what is taking place. So why didn't the bloody alarm bells ring when he says this;
"I did not recognize any of the three men who I saw chasing the other men. I think the first two men both had dark hair, and were tall and of medium to heavy build. The third man, who had been behind the other two at first, had either light or dark hair, I can't remember, and I think he was possibly shorter than the other two. I don't think any of the men would have had white shirts on or anything particularly light, because they would have stood out. I can't remember having seen any of the three men before that evening either in the Cellar Bar, or outside the Cellar Bar".
Shouldn't bells have been ringing even just a little bit at the Police station? I mean in his statment he said he recognised me as being a bouncer, he describes me throwing Gorman out. In his opinion no-one was wearing white shirts,not a mention of any blood on their clothing, 2 possibly all 3 had dark hair. So where the fuck do I fit in to this.
Let me just tell you something that happened when I went for the eight I.D. parades. The 1st night I had to turn them down as I was stood in the line up and I looked at the other people on it. I think there was 11 other men. They all had dark hair, some with stubbled faces. Not a thing like me. I said to the conducting officer you might as well stick me up here with 11 black men or 11 coppers in uniform. Anyway the I.D parades were cancelled for me that night. But the next night one of the witnesses actually picked out a lad much shorter than me with dark hair.
In the toilets, after all 8 had failed to pick me out I was really happy. Then Insp Colin Langham-Fitt came in and said “I don’t know what you’ve got to be happy about because we’re charging you regardless of the identification parades”. I couldn’t believe it. Although at that stage I wasn’t aware of what evidence they had pointing my way I realised then that something was going terribly wrong.

No comments: