Wednesday 13 February 2008

Jason Colmans Retraction

This is the 2nd statement of Jason Colman. In essence what he is saying, no I’ll let you decide. In any case this was made on the 7th March; it is what is called a retraction. What is disgusting is the CPS namely philip charnley relied on his 1st statement for at least 2 weeks after. Therefore misleading the court as they didn’t have a single piece of evidence against us. Their argument was they believed they could persuade Colman to retract the 2nd statement. Let me just mention the bit were he says this,
“When, on Page 6 I heard the man I describe as Micky TEAL say, “We’ve had him, we want the other cunt," I remember something being said, but now I can't remember exactly what was said.”
I know, what he said was a lie but you might think he’s changing his mind out of fear of me or something. Well remember earlier when I said I was grateful to 2 policemen. I will post their statements next to show what they said I said. You see the “We’ve had him, we want the other cunt," sounds to me like those words were put in Colman’s mouth by the “angry detective” who it transpires was Inspector langham-fitt, (the copper that said I would be charged regardless of the identity parades) He made this statement to two senior police officers and the prosecutor namely Superintendant Fraser, Chief Inspector Coyle and philip charnley. So even at this early stage they were made aware that the conduct of one of their officers had been brought into question. Did they care? Of course not. Like I said earlier charnley chose not to disclose this statement to the court and it only came to light when Colman himself read in the paper the prosecution was still using his original statement. He then went to a defence Solicitor and informed him of the retraction.


NORFOLK POLICE HEADQUARTERS STATION
NAME: JASON SIMON COLMAN
ADDRESS:
AGE / DATE OF BIRTH: 20 03111970
OCCUPATION: TECHNICIAN
Who states: This statement consisting of 5 pages, each signed by me, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I shall be liable to prosecution if I have willfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.
DATED: 070391 J COLMAN (SIGNED)
Following an incident in St. Nicholas Street, King's Lynn, early hours last Saturday morning, when three men pursuing another man run past me round the comer up to the Lattice House pub, I made a statement to the police. Since that time I have been on three identification parades. Tonight, Thursday, 7th March, 1991, I have voluntarily visited King's Lynn Police Station because I am deeply concerned and upset about things I have said in my original statement. Since witnessing events that night I have been deeply upset and anxious, unable to sleep or eat properly. My worry and anxiety was worse after the identification parades because I was really frightened having to face the people on the line up, and they saw me. This was made worse by having to give my name and address in front of them, and having to say a number afterwards. My life has been in turmoil since, especially as I have had to sit an examination, my City & Guilds, Part 3, yesterday and I know I have made a right mess of that.
Some things in my original statement are not right and I've got to put the record straight. I named two of the men who ran past me as Carl SXXXXXXN and Micky TEAL. This is not correct. I could not name the people who I saw. It's no good me saying it was SXXXXXX and TEAL because I am unable to say who it was. It could have been then, it could well have not been them, I just didn't see enough of them to say. I feel even worse because someone has been killed, and I've named SXXXXXX and TEAL and I can't be sure that it was them I saw. I just cannot say either way with any real belief. The pressure on me has just built up over the last few days, but this is how I think and feel now. When I was first interviewed by the police on the Sunday afternoon, by two CID men in King's Lynn Police Station, I told them all that I knew about what happened, but not the names, because I did not know who they were. These two CID men were "as nice as pie" although I felt shaken and nervous. I've got to say, in all honesty, that I knew that the man who had been attacked had died. On that Sunday the police had come to me, I hadn't come forward, but on the night, while we stood with the dead man. Mark did ask the policeman if he wanted our names and addresses. I can't remember if that policeman asked me if I had witnessed what had happened, or not. When I spoke with the two CID men at the police station, and before I made a statement, they left the room. Another person without a uniform came in, slammed the door and appeared to be slightly angry. He asked me if I knew the people who ran by me. I said, "No." He asked me again, he asked me two to three times and in one sentence he said, "Do you know the people who ran by?" His tone and manner upset me, but he didn't threaten me in any way. He was being more forceful, I suppose because he thought I knew the names of the 2 people. I didn’t know the people. He said either, “Was it" or "It was" the name "Carl SXXXXXX or "Micky TEAL." At this time I was nervous and felt a lot or pressure over me and said "Yes." I said this to relieve the pressure I felt. I can't remember if he said anything else. He left the room and seconds later, one or two of the original CID men came back in. I then talked and made my statement and I put the names in the statement. Rather than relieve the pressure on me by naming SXXXXXX and TEAL, I felt even more pressure, When I came to the police station I wanted to say something to get back to feeling myself again and to put things right. I came to the police station tonight because I just couldn't stand it anymore. At this point tonight, at 8.40 pm, I have been shown a witness statement dated 3rd March, 1991, which I identify as the one made by me to the CID officers. My signature is upon this statement. I have read this statement carefully. Having read my statement, I wish to alter and clarify certain things as I remember now. The man who I have not named as one of the three chasing the man who was assaulted, and I describe as a doorman, I cannot say whether he was a doorman or not. However, the description I give in my original statement I am happy that this is correct to the best of my memory. The other two men I refer to as SXXXXXX and TEAL, I cannot say who, in fact, they were, as I have already stated before. Having read the statement now, I cannot remember points because of the way I have been feeling for the last four or five days. I am happy with the description I have already given of one of them. The points I find difficult to remember now are:
1. Seeing the blood on the shirt of the man who ran by me in St. Nicholas Street.
2. What my friends were wearing.
3. When, on Page 6 I heard the man I describe as Micky TEAL say, “We’ve had him, we want the other cunt," I remember something being said, but now I can't remember exactly what was said.
4. When I refer to a scuffle at 12.45 am in the Cellar Bar, I can't remember Micky TEAL as being the person who took someone out of the Bar.
There are no other points that I have any problems remembering and I am satisfied with the rest of the statement. I feel very sorry for naming names when I didn't know them. I also feel sorry about picking Carl SXXXXXX out on the identification parade. I picked him out because I knew him, not because I could definitely say I saw him in St. Nicholas Street that night. I want to say that I have felt no pressure at all from any other policeman it was just on this one occasion only when I made my original statement. I shouldn't have named those names because I didn't know who those men I saw in St. Nicholas Street were. I feel better now that I have put the record straight, and what I have said now is God's honest truth.
Statement commenced 7.20 pm, completed 10 pm.
DATE: 070391
WITNESS TO SIGNATURE: J COLMAN
OFFICERS SIGNATURE: P FRASER K COYLE

No comments: