Tuesday 4 March 2008

Colin Lord

NORFOLK POLICE HEADQUARTERS STATION
NAME: COLIN LORD
ADDRESS:
AGE / DATE OF BIRTH: 25 30071965
OCCUPATION: BUTCHER
Who states: - This statement consisting of pages, each signed by me, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I shall be liable to prosecution if I have willfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

DATED: 040391 COLIN LORD (SIGNED)

I am Colin Barry LORD and I live at the address overleaf. On Friday, 1st March 1990 I went out for the evening with a group of friends. I left at about 9 pm. with Mark BRANHAM, Jason COLMAN, Clifford ELLIS and Terry MYERHOFFER. I was wearing jeans, a white shirt, a tweed blazer and brown lace up shoes. I think Mark wore a dark flower shirt and no jacket. Jason had jeans on but I can't remember anything else. Terry wore jeans but I can't remember what else. I can't remember what Clifford was wearing. We went around various pubs during the evening including the Maydens Head, the Globe Hotel, Lattice House and Chicago’s. During the evening I had 7 or 8 pints of lager. I wasn't drunk did feel the effect of the alcohol. At about 11.45 pm. we went into the Cellar Bar. The bar was full of people. Inside I said hello to lan DIGGINS. He is a doorman there. I know him from Snettisham. I only moved from Heacham about 5 weeks ago. We met up with Wayne and Gary DAWS and one of their girlfriends. I can't remember which one. She had dark hair. Throughout most of the time we were in there we stood around the middle of the long bar which is on the right hand side as you go in. I can't remember seeing anyone else I know in the club. The only other doorman I noticed other than lan was a blonde spikey haired man about 6 foot tall in his late 20's and was big build. lan and this man wore white shirts, black trousers. I don't think they wore ties. A short time before the bar closed, I was standing with my back to the bar when I saw the spikey haired bouncer push a man up against the square pillar in the middle of the club. The bouncer grabbed him by the chest of his red, white and blue squared jacket, 4 squares. As he did so he knocked a number of glasses off the shelf around the pillar. I think this man was thrown out as he was being pushed from behind by the bouncer. I think there was a bit of a scuffle in the entrance lobby as people started to gather around that area as if to see what was happening. A few minutes later I left the bar with Mark, Jason, Clifford, Terry and Caroline. She is a friend of a friend. On the way up the stairs leading to the street I saw the man who had been thrown out. He was standing on the right hand side or the stairs about half way up. He wasn't doing or saying anything he just stood, there. At the top of the stairs a crowd of about 50 people were stood around the railings above the stairs. We walked as a group past these into the Tuesday Market Place. I looked back towards the Cellar Bar. The crowd was still there and nothing appeared to be happening. We walked across the Ieft hand side of the Market Place into the road and past the Tudor Rose We turned right at the top of this road where Ward Gethens office is.
Before we did Mark said something about a man lying on the floor. I held back in anticipation which Mark said, "Come on, we can't just leave him there." I followed the others around the corner when I saw a man running from the direction of the Lattice House turning right into the road leading to a car park behind the council offices. He was quite short, 5 foot 5" tall, medium build, short hair, I think brown and straight, in his early 20's. He was wearing a brown bomber type jacket and dark trousers. I then saw someone lying half on the road, half on the pavement on the opposite side to the Lattice House. As we approached him I recognised him as the same person I had seen thrown out of the Cellar Bar. There was a lot of blood over his face and he could hardly breath. Jason ran down to the taxi office to phone for an ambulance. He returned with another man. This man and Mark moved the injured man onto his side as he was lying on his back. A couple of minutes later a police car arrived with two policemen. One got out and looked at the injured man. The other stood by the car door. I than saw two bouncers come along the road from my left. This was either from the lane beside the Lattice House or Norfolk Street direction. They were staggered about 15 to 20 feet apart. The first one was the spikey haired bouncer who had ejected the injured man. He had some blood on his shirt. He said something like, "Where's his mate" as he walked past. He then ran off as someone said to the policeman "Go get him." He ran towards the Church. The second one had words with a policeman. He appeared concerned for his mate saying something like, "I'm trying to go after him." This man was in his 30's, about 5'11" tall, normal build, dark short medium hair, longer at the back touching his collar. He was in a white shirt and dark trousers. I recognised him as a doorman from the Cellar Bar on previous occasions I have visited. He walked off. I can't remember which way but I noticed a third bouncer standing near the Dukes Head car park. I didn't see him arrive. I just noticed him standing there. He was tall, 6 foot plus, normal build, in his 30's with black hair which I think was wavey and I think he had a moustache. I think he was wearing a black suit, a white shirt and I can't remember a tie. We walked off into Norfolk Street, I didn't see where this third man went. This man is also a doorman at the Cellar Bar I have seen on previous occasions. I am certain the first and third doormen I have described are doormen of the Cellar Bar, but the second I have seen either as a doorman or with other doormen at the Cellar Bar. He does not give me the impression that he is a bouncer. I am not, sure if I would recognise the man in the brown jacket but would recognise the three doormen. There was street lights on when I saw the doormen. I saw them quite clearly, they past just the other side of the police car from me.
COLIN LORD SIGNED
STATEMENT TAKEN PLACE:
TIME: DATE: 040391
WITNESS TO SIGNATURE:
OFFICERS SIGNATURE: DC586 HAWKINS

No comments: