Tuesday 4 March 2008

RE: Colin Lord

I should make it perfectly clear that my observations about witness statements are not intended as a criticism of the people making them. They are in fact aimed at the King’s Lynn Police for their ineptitude and failing to conduct rudimentary investigations thoroughly. Colin Lord got many things wrong but that’s not his fault. As an indication to how poor his memory of events were let me give you some examples. Of the 4 lads he was out with that night he remembered 1 was wearing a flowery shirt and 2 had jeans on. Not a good start hey. He actually forgot that they went to Barclays Bank after leaving the club so he gives a wrong description of the route they all took. He doesn’t even mention seeing Gorman being chased or even being assaulted. How bizarre is that? Something he did mention that might have proved important but of course was missed by the idiots conducting the inquiry was he saw and was able to describe. He states “I followed the others around the corner when I saw a man running from the direction of the Lattice House turning right into the road leading to a car park behind the council offices. He was quite short, 5 foot 5" tall, medium build, short hair, I think brown and straight, in his early 20's.”
So here we have a description of a man running away from where the assault took place but was that ever followed up? Of course not. Just one more thing the King’s Lynn boys in blue FAILED to act upon. Yet another indication that they jumped the gun with their assumptions. Colin gets another thing right that night though, when I run past them all he remembers me saying “something like, where’s his mate”. Similar to what I and the Police Officers present said I said.

No comments: