Monday 24 March 2008

Gary Withers and Howard Allen

If you have read all the statements thus far you need congratulating, thank you for taking the time. Things started going pear shaped for the Police and C.P.S. here on in. You see they had concentrated all their efforts on trying to make a case against Rod, Karl and myself even when it was plain to see there wasn’t one. When one of the original witnesses then started to say he had seen the people who he believed to be responsible for Gorman’s Murder, while Karl and I were in prison things were going to prove difficult for them. Let me give you a brief outline of events before I start posting more statements. Gary Withers was the next person to be charged, let me explain how. Withers and Allen, like all good citizens came forward and made statements to the Police after the Murder was made public. Without stopping to look I think it was about 3 weeks after the event that they gave their statements. They stated they were at the club but left before any trouble. Withers said in his statement they left at 12.30 am about 50 minutes before the Murder happened. They walked across the Market Place a journey of about 400yards max, before getting a taxi on the corner of Norfolk St. That was about the some of their evidence. I might just add their taxi driver also made a statement a day after the Murder. In it he states 2 lads flagged him down in Norfolk Street at 01.19am, both were heavily out of breath, as he drove past the body of Gorman, Howard Allen made a comment about Gorman being pissed, before taking them home. The taxi driver, Mr Keith Jarvis was so concerned he actually drove back to the Murder scene and told the Police officers present about these two lads. But the officers weren't concerned. Aaaargh, excuse me but it does sometimes make me want to scream. I lok back at this case and think , if only and this is one of those times. Anyway Jarvis's and other evidence contradicted that of Withers and Allen who had claimed they had left at 12.30am before any trouble started at the club. In all probability the taxi drivers statement was singularly the most significant piece of evidence the King’s Lynn Police FAILED to follow up. Let me explain. If the Police were investigating this Murder with an open mind then perhaps 2 men who were picked up by a taxi 200 yards away from the scene of the crime both heavily out of breath they might have considered this a lead worth following. Not to the half wits leading this investigation, it was fucking missed. Apparently another lead not worth looking in to.So when Gary Daw actually sees the people he believes are responsible a couple of months later he finds out their names and makes another statement. The Police have to act now as this young man has in effect done the Police work for them. When they searched Gary Withers house after arresting him, low and behold they find a blue and white hooped Rugby shirt. Amazing!!
If the Police had acted properly during this inquiry and investigated this Murder in the way the Gorman family deserved then I believe Gary Withers and Howard Allen might rightly have stood trial for the Murder of Tony Gorman.

5 comments:

simon said...

were gary sewell and withers and allen mates?or was there anything linking the 3 of them?

simon said...

why was withers released?i remember the case but not well enough to remember the reason the cps gave

Unknown said...

Simon as much as I would like to answer your question, I'm afraid you will have to keep reading the blog. I'm not saying that to be awkward, but I want to present the evidence in the order it was presented to the Police and C.P.S. Then maybe you will be able to form your own opinion as to why the charges were dropped. Thanks for taking an interest, feel free to ask about anything already posted.

Unknown said...

Withers and Allen were mates and by their own admission were together when they left the club. As for Sewell, I really don't know. What I can say is this, I always believed and still do that Sewell didn't let on all he knew. I always thought he had something to do with it and I'll tell you why. If you read all his statements very carefully he doesn't give a staight answer to anything concerning descriptions of the attackers. He was certainly evasive during his interviews. I've mentioned it already in the blog but I can't emphasize it enough, if you saw the state of his hands you would find it pretty hard to believe he did them punching a wall. The forensic tests didn't link him to the Murder so I have to accept that. I will of course post more of my opinions in due course.

simon said...

thats fine,i fully understand that.its just so fascinating to read it all im getting impatient!i certainly do not wish to be judge and jury,especially without all the facts but it does seem unbelievable that you wouldnt remember who had beaten you friend to death if that person/persons had stood in front of you moments prior to the assault taking place.keep up the good work,must be hard in more ways than one