Monday 28 January 2008

Emma Regester

NORFOLK POLICE HEADQUARTERS STATION

NAME: EMMA JAYNE
REGESTER
ADDRESS:
AGE / DATE OF BIRTH. 22 12031968 OCCUPATION: SYSTEMS ACCOUNTANT PART TIME BARMAID
Who states: - This statement consisting of 9 pages, each signed by me, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true. DATED: 020391 E J REGESTER (SIGNED)

My name is Emma-Jane REGESTER; I am an assistant System Accountant and part time barmaid and live at the address overleaf. I work at the Cellar Bar, Page Stair Lane, Kings Lynn, as a part time barmaid. I work two nights per week and have been employed there for three months. The Cellar Bar is part of the Maltings Snooker Club on Page Stair Lane, Kings Lynn, and is situated in the basement of the building. It consists of a main entrance off Page Stair Lane which has two doors with yellow frosted glass, an emergency exit at the back which leads to the toilets, a main bar to the right as you enter through the entrance, a discotheque console to the left near the emergency exit and a television which is mounted on the wall to the left of the emergency exit. At 20:00 hours on Friday 1st March I arrived at the Cellar Bar with Mandy GROOM, who is also a barmaid in the Cellar Bar. I parked my car which is a silver MG Metro A172 PCT off Page Stair Lane immediately opposite the Snooker Club. When I got into the Cellar Bar the following people were present. Paul MYHILL the manager, lan who is a barman, I do not know his surname and Joanna who is a barmaid, I do not know her surname but she lives on Marsh Lane. There were two customers at this time, one was Peter GILB0Y who lives at Orchard Grove, West Lynn, and the other was a lad called Darren. I do not know his surname or where he lives. I was due to start work behind the bar at 2100 hours. When I arrived I sat at the bar on the customers’ side and ordered an orange juice. At 2020 hours Mick TEAL came into the bar, via the main entrance, he was wearing black cotton trousers, black leather shoes, a white shirt, a dark tie and a large grey overcoat. Mick TEAL is employed as a doorman at the Cellar Bar, I have known of him for several years solely by reputation but have known him personally for the last three months since I have worked at the Cellar Bar. Mick works at the bar every Friday and Saturday night. When he came into the bar he ordered a pint of Fosters Lager shandy and stood at the bar drinking it. After a couple of minutes he put his coat in the kitchen and immediately returned to the bar. He stood beside me, leaning on the bar and we had a conversation, nothing out of the ordinary was discussed. At 20:50 hours I went behind the bar to start work, Mandy GROOM and lan were also working behind the bar. The bar was fairly quiet throughout the evening and did not get busy until about 23:00 hours. TEAL remained leaning on the bar until 22:15 hours, during this period I served him with two pints of Fosters Lager and I know that the other bar staff also served him but I do not know what the drinks were. Two other doormen also work at the Cellar Bar on a Friday night they are Rod MOORE and lan, I believe lans surname is DIGGINS. lan came into the bar about ten minutes after TEAL and also stood at the bar, he was wearing a black casual jacket, black trousers, black shoes and a white shirt with a dark tie. He did not have a drink and shortly after he arrived he went and stood near the entrance doors. At 22:15 hours TEAL joined lan at the doors. Rod MOORE came into the bar at 22:30 hours, he was wearing black trousers, black shoes, a white shirt, a black casual jacket and a dark tie. I have known Rod only since I have worked at the Cellar Bar. As soon as he arrived Rod came to the bar with TEAL, and they both had a pint of what appeared to be lager although I did not serve them myself. They then walked back to the door with their drinks. After 23:00 hours the bar became very busy and was soon at full capacity. I remained behind the bar serving and was continually busy. About midnight the pressure system on the lager pump became faulty and I walked across the bar to the entrance doors to inform Paul the manager. I then walked back to the bar and as I walked past the central support pillar, which is near to the discotheque console. I pushed past a man in order to get to the bar and he gave me a really aggressive look, this frightened me. When I got behind the serving area of the bar I told Paul the manager. At some stage Paul must have told TEAL and MOORE because shortly afterwards they came behind the bar and TEAL said “who was he Emma, what did he look like?" I told him that I did not know who he was. MOORE also asked me who he was.TEAL then said “where is he. I’ll get him." TEAL appeared to be very aggressive and I got the feeling that he was looking for trouble. I did not want to identify the man that looked at me because I was worried what TEAL and MOORE might do to him. I remained working behind the bar when about 0045 hours the following morning I heard a loud crash from near the discotheque console. It sounded like a lot of glasses smashing and was easily audible above the sound of the disco. I initially thought that a fight was taking place but now know that the television had fallen off the wall. At this stage the bar was totally packed. I looked in that direction and saw people moving towards the discotheque console. I could not see what was happening. I remained behind the bar and after a couple of minutes everything seemed to return to normal. Several people then left the bar and the density of tile crowd thinned slightly. I then saw TEAL drag a man from the area of the emergency exit and then pin him against the central pillar by holding him around the throat with his left hand. TEAL had pushed the man from the area of the emergency exit in a similar fashion with his left hand round his throat. As he pinned the man against the pillar he was standing over him and pointing directly into his face with his right index finger. TEAL screamed at the man words to the effect "Don’t ever do that again." I looked at TEAL and he was in a vicious temper he then dragged the man across the bar and out through the entrance doors into the foyer beyond. TEAL pushed the man across the bar with his hands clamped behind his neck, the man did not struggle. When they got outside the entrance doors I lost sight of them but could hear TEAL shouting, I do not know what he was saying, I also heard scuffling as if a fight was taking place. Throughout this part of the incident I did not see lan or MOORE. I would describe the man that TEAL dragged out as follows. He is about 28 years old, he has very thick blonde hair which is receding at the front and short at the back, he was about 5'8" tall with a pale complexion and hard features, he was thick set and was wearing a red and blue rugby shirt, jeans but I do not know what he was wearing on his feet. I do not know this man by name but he has been to the Cellar Bar on previous Fridays. The scuffling continued in the foyer and Mandy and myself walked across to see what was happening, lan the other doorman followed us across the bar. I went to the bottom of the stairs, which lead up to Page Stair Lane, I saw TEAL at the top of the stairs, he had his back towards the building and was holding another man by the throat with his left hand, again he was pointing in the man’s face with his right index finger. He was still in a vicious temper and I heard him scream at the man "Don't you tell me how to do my job." He then viciously head butted the man on the forehead. I immediately came back into the bar and did not see what happened after the head butt landed. When TEAL head butted this man the following people were outside. Carl SxxxxxxxN who is a friend of TEALs, Paul FELLOWS who lives on the Reffley Estate, Bobby HILLS father, Bobby HILLS, Nicki HILLS, Debbie who is Rod MOORE'S Girlfriend and Rod MOORE who was standing beside TEAL. MOORE and TEAL had taken their ties off and Debbie was holding them. Debbie said to me "I wish they'd leave it up to Rod and Mick." She remained outside when I came back into the bar. The man that TEAL head butted is described as follows; he is about 24 to 25 years old, 5'9" tall, heavily built with short black hair. He was wearing a blue rugby shirt with jeans. I did not get a good look at his face but I believe he was Glen PRATT who lives at North End. I cannot be certain that it was him. When I returned to the bar I went behind the bar counter and' answered the telephone situated in the kitchen. It was Neil WILLIAMSON the owner of the Cellar Bar; I told him that there had been some trouble. Paul the manager than came into the kitchen and I handed him the phone. I then returned to behind the bar. The following customers remained in the bar. All the HILLS family as already mentioned, David STEWART, Danny SHEEHAN, Debbie (Rods girlfriend) and another male person about 30 yrs old, 6' tall, with mousey brown shoulder length hair and I believe a moustache. He was wearing a black suit with white shirt and a tie. He was heavily tattooed on his hands and neck. I have seen him before but do not know his name. lan the other doorman was also in the bar as were Mandy and lan the other bar staff. After about five minutes MOORE and TEAL came back into the bar through the main entrance. They came straight to the bar and both asked for a drink. I served them 1 pint of lager each. They were both covered in blood. TEAL'S shirt was open at the neck and heavily blood stained; his forehead was gashed in the centre of his forehead and was bleeding profusely, blood running down his face. MOORE'S shirt was blood splattered but was not as bad as TEAL'S. MOORE did not have any visible injuries. They were both breathing heavily and appeared to have been physically exerted. They were laughing and smiling at each other and appeared as if they thought they were heroes. TEAL then wiped the blood off his face with his right hand and then spat blood all over the top of the bar counter. I said "Are you alright?" He replied "Yean." I said "How did you do that?" and he replied "I head butted someone." I then put some ice into a beer mat so that he could put it on his forehead and handed it to him. He threw it onto the bar and said "Don't worry about that, I'll do it when I get home." TEAL then had a conversation with MOORE. I heard M00RE say to TEAL "You ought to calm yourself down, you go too mad." TEAL then said "I’m going to find him." or words to that effect and then stormed out through the entrance doors. He was in a temper again and MOORE followed him outside. After between five and ten minutes MOORE returned to the bar via the entrance doors. He came straight to the bar counter and said to me "Get me a drink." I served him with one pint of Fosters lager, his shirt was more undone at the neck than when he had left on the previous occasion and was unbuttoned virtually to the waist, it had the same amount of blood on it as it had before. His eyes were puffy and he looked as if he had been involved in a fight. He was very white in the face and was physically shaking all over. He appeared in a state of shock. I said to him “What’s happened?" He replied "'We went outside and we found the bloke who we chucked out laying in a pool of blood, face down, he looked in a bad way." He was very distressed and upset. He kept repeating "Mick didn't do that damage he just chucked him out." He repeated this about three times. I then said "Where's Mick?" He said "He's gone home." He repeated this several times. He also stated that when they had found the man Mick had run off looking for the other one. He did not say this to me but I heard him say it in the bar, I cannot remember his exact words. Shortly after this a policeman came into the bar and. asked MOORE if he was Rod MOORE. He replied "Yes." and then accompanied the policeman out of the bar. The same people were present when MOORE returned on this occasion as I previously listed when he returned with TEAL. I have not seen TEAL since he left the bar with MOORE. During the evening TEAL and MOORE both drank heavily. lan the other doorman left about 0130 hours and did not get involved with TEAL or MOORE. I cannot be certain what time MOORE returned to the bar on the last occasion but had only been in the bar about two or three minutes before the policeman arrived. TEAL was in an aggressive mood throughout the evening and although MOORE was with him he was trying to calm him down all the time. I am prepared to attend court on this matter.
E J REGESTER SIGNED

No comments: