Wednesday 30 January 2008

Ian Stocker Extracts

This is part of the statement of Ian Stocker a barman at the club he doesn’t see anything of great importance apart from the incident with Gorman playing up. Again no mention of me head butting Gorman, but what he does do is put a name to the person Gorman was confronting inside the club. This to me was important; it certainly showed the Police weren’t following all leads because as I stated earlier somebody else mentions Gorman getting knocked down the stairs outside by the same person. He was never questioned about it.
……”taking the television into the kitchen and at 1 o'clock we ail stopped' serving. At this point there were about fifty people left in the bar. I was behind the bar tidying up, when, after about five minutes I heard someone shouting. I looked up and saw the fair haired man apparently arguing with another man who I know as Tony. I know Tony because I play football with him on Sundays for the Reffley football team. He is about twenty eight years old, about 5'10" tall, stocky build, dark brown collar length hair, and wears a moustache. I think he was wearing a sweat shirt, I can’t remember what else. I don’t know his last name or where he lives, except it is in the Kings Lynn area. They were standing about two thirds of the way into the room from the entrance, near to the square central support column. This column has a shelf around all four sides for people to put glasses on. There was another couple, man and woman, standing by a table behind Tony. I got the impression they were with Tony. I would say they were also in their late twenties. I can’t describe them other than the woman had long brown hair. The fair haired man was doing all the shouting, pushing his face closer and closer to Tony. I formed the impression that the fair haired man was drunk, because he was argumentative and was swaying about on his feet. Tony just appeared dumb-struck by this and was gently trying to push the man away. As Tony pushed him away, the fair haired man lurched forward at Tony. I don’t know whether it was because he had had too much to drink or whether he was going to head butt Tony. Micky TEALE and Rob M00RE up to this point were still in the far left hand corner of the room. As Tony pushed the fair haired man away, Micky ran across to the group. He grabbed the fair haired man by the throat with both hands, and still holding him by the throat, pushed him up against the central pillar. I heard Micky say "Leave my mate alone." I found this remark strange because I don’t even think Micky knows Tony or vice versa. Micky spun the man around and pushed him hurriedly towards the door, with one hand on the back of the neck.”

This is extracts from the 16 year old glass collector he again doesn’t say much, but again no mention of a headbut when I took Gorman out. So did all these people miss it or did Steven Burke get it wrong?
…." I was in the kitchen, when I heard a loud crash, and so I went through to the bar area to see what happened. I saw that the T.V. at the rear of the room had been smashed on the floor. Myself and a D.J. who I don't know, but I believe he was called Simon, helped me carry the T.V. into the kitchen. Paul, who is the assistant manager, then went across to the D.J., and then the D.J announced he wanted everyone to drink up and leave. Paul asked me to clear up the glass from the floor. As I was doing this, I saw Michael TEAL with his hand around a man's throat, and his other hand went over the top of his head, so that he was pulling this man's head backwards with his fingers around his nose. He appeared to be frog marching the man towards the door and I just thought the man had been causing trouble, although I hadn't seen any. The man was about 5ft 10" tall, and quite a bit shorter than Michael TEAL. He had blonde skinhead type haircut. He looked about 24-25 years old. He was wearing jeans and a bright colored rugby shirt. I think it had red on it. Michael said to the bloke, "If you do that again while I'm here I'll ——" and then they disappeared outside, and I couldn't hear any more. I kept on sweeping until I had cleared it all up”.…..”Myself, Mandy, Donna the 5ft tall barmaid and 3 D.Js stayed at the Cellar Bar, and we went to sleep. At 0730 hours I went to King's Lynn police station and made this statement about what I saw to police”.
That concludes the statements from the bar staff. They all mentioned seeing me with blood on my face and shirt. Most of them used the words “covered in blood” to describe me I think it was Emma Regester that said I was bleeding “profusely”. It’s important to remember that for 2 reasons. The 1st is nobody who witnesses Gorman being chased or assaulted mentioned any of the assailants bleeding or with blood on their clothing. Let’s face it, anybody witnessing such a thing, even if they didn’t take particular notice to descriptions, the fact that one is covered in blood you would think might have stood out to at least one of them. The 2nd and probably more important was forensic evidence. 2 people that came into contact with me both had my blood on them. Gary Sewell and Rod Moore had their clothing sent off for Forensic examination and both had my blood on them. Strange then that the deceased Tony Gorman didn’t. I will post all the Forensic results at a later stage.

No comments: