Saturday 9 February 2008

Hayley Garrigan Statement

NAME: HAYLEY MICHELLE GARRIGAN

AGE / DATE OF Birth: 25 170911965

OCCUPATION: PART TIME MEDICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT

Who states: This statement consisting of 6 pages, each signed by me, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I shall be liable to prosecution if I have willfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

DATED: 020391
H M GARRIGAN (SIGNED)

I am Hayley Michelle GARRIGAN and live at the address stated overleaf where I have lived for the last five years. I am married to Anthony GARRIGAN and we have been married for nearly four years, I also have a little boy. Jack, 3 years, and at the moment I am 5 months pregnant. On the evening of Friday 1st March, 1991, I had arranged to go out with some of my girlfriends. We had planned to meet in the Tudor Rose, Kings Lynn, at 8.30opm and from there to go to a couple of pubs and then to the Cellar Bar. My husband dropped me off outside the Tudor Rose at 8.30pm. He was driving our blue Ford Sierra saloon. I do not know the registration number of the car. When I went inside the Tudor Rose I met three of my friends Donna PURPLE, Mandy AMBSROSE and Anne HARDY. I used to go out with this group about once a fortnight, but I have gone less regularly since I became pregnant. The last time I went out with then all was before, Christmas. I got to know the girls when I used to work at Berol, where Donna and Anne worked and I have known them for 7 years. Mandy started working there later, after I had left but I get to know her through the other two, and I have known her for about 5 years. We had about three drinks in the Tudor Rose and left there at about9.45pm. We then walked to the Lattice House, and had another drink in there. We only stayed in the Lattice House for a short while and at about 10.30pm we then went to the Maydens Head. We all had another couple of drinks in the Maydens Head, and stayed there until sometime between 10.30pm and 11.00pm at which time we walked to the Cellar Bar. All four of us were still together as a group. We went down the outside staircase and into the club. Mick TEAL was on the door, as he works at the Cellar Bar as a bouncer. Also standing with Mick was a man who I knew as one of the Hammond brothers. I don't know whether it was Jay HAMMOND or Wayne HAMMDND, but he has got long fair or blonde hair and a moustache. .As I know Mick he let us all in without paying, When we got inside we all went to the bar where we all got a drink. The club seemed fairly crowded at this time and so we stood together in a group, though on occasions a couple of us would leave the other two whilst we went to speak to somebody we knew. We would always end up back together as a foursome standing together. I can remember no incidents of note within the club until about 12.45am when one of the televisions fell from its bracket on the wall and fell to the ground. At the time I was standing near to the disc jockeys rostrum, which is quite near to where the television was. I think Mick TEAL was also standing somewhere nearby. The next incident I remember was just before 1.00am as the place was about to close. Donna had already left the club, sometime before 12.30am and the other two had also left just before 1.00am. I needed to sit down and so I went to sit on a bench which is situated just behind the disc jockeys rostrum. As I walked to the bench there was a group of people walking away from it. The group consisted of probably a couple of lads and a girl, though I cannot be sure. I did not know any of the group. One person stayed on the bench in a slouched position. He said something like "Fucking Bitch" to the group as they were leaving. I saw Mick TEAL laugh and say something to the man who remained behind, though I don’t know what was said. I would describe this person as being male, white, with a blonde crew cut, and a receding hair line. He was wearing blue jeans and a multicolored rugby shirt. After Mick had spoken to the man, the man smiled at him and got up and walked away. I sat down and therefore had my back to the entrance, whilst Mick was standing in front of me talking to me. He was larking about with me and when I got £5.00 out for my taxi fare he picked it up and put it in his pocket. I have known Mick TEAL for about five to six years as he is a good friend of my husband. All of a sudden Mick shot off, and went to the Middle of the club. I turned round and saw the person I referred to earlier as HAMMOND standing with the person who had been sitting on the bench earlier with the multi coloured rugby shirt on. I did not see what had happened but I saw Mick TEAL take hold of this person by either his arms or his shoulders, and he took him towards the exit. I did not see exactly where he took him because there were other people there. Within a minute or so he returned to me (Mick that is), and picked up his drink, but no sooner had he done this when someone called him back. I saw Mick leave the club and walk out of the door. After about 5 minutes or so I walked over to the door, and checked that nothing was happening outside. As I looked outside I saw Mick and Rod MOORE one of the other bouncers, just coming down the stairs. I saw that Mick had a cut on his forehead and had a lot of blood on his face, and on the front of his shirt. I didn't notice whether Rod had any injuries or not but I did see that he had some blood on his shirt. Seeing this took me back a bit, and so I stepped back into the club. Mick and Rod went over to the bar, where Mick was given something to wipe his face with. I then went over to ask him for my £5 pounds which I think he had probably forgotten about. Mick told me that he would walk me over and get a taxi. I left the club with Mick followed by Rod MOORE and I think we were also joined by another bouncer Rory SANDISH. Just as we started to walk over the Tuesday Market Place he gave my money back. We walked diagonally from Page Stair Lane to the opposite corner near the entrance to High Street. I told Mick that as there had been some fighting I did not want to walk with him in case there was any more fighting and so he walked ahead of me, leaving me to walk to the taxi office on my own. When he reached the Lloyds Bank he stopped briefly to talk to a boy who was standing there and then he walked down the cobbled street which runs behind Marks and Spencer’s. He was followed a short way behind by Rod MOORE, whilst I walked in the direction of High Street. In one of the shop doorways, I think the Linen Shop, on the right hand side, I saw Andy GRIGGS sitting down in the doorway. Andy is the boyfriend of Donna PURPLE and he lives at Terrington, though I don’t know his address. He was complaining of a sore arm which he said he had hurt in a scuffle outside the Cellar Bar. He stated that someone had run down the stairs hitting everyone in his path and that this person had pushed a woman into him, which is how he had hurt his arm. He got up and walked with me to the “Chick King” in Norfolk Street, where I saw some of my cousins. I then walked to Crown Taxi’s and got a taxi home. Other than the people I have already mentioned the following people were also in the club, Gary HARRIS and his girlfriend (address unknown). Ricky (surname unknown). Chips (full name unknown). David EASY, Mandy OAKES (Chequer St). Julie LONG (Pot Row). Gail (surname unknown). There was also the regular staff there as well. Further to the above when Mick first spoke to the boy on the bench, although I didn’t hear what had been said, I got the impression that it was jokey and friendly and not aggressive. I do not know whether I actually told Mick the reason I did not want to walk with him but I remember telling him I wanted to walk on my own. Throughout the evening I had about 4 halves of lager tops and the rest of the time drank soft drinks. I was there for not at all drunk and my relocation of the events is very clear.

Statement completed at 2030 hours 2.3.91.
H M GARRIGAN; SIGNED
STATEMENT TAKEN PLACE:
TIME: DATE: 020391

No comments: