Wednesday 6 February 2008

Jason Colman

NORFOLK POLICE HEADQUARTERS STATION
NAME: JASON SIMON COLMAN
ADDRESS:
AGE / DATE OF BIRTH: 20 031111970
OCCUPATION: TECHNICIAN
Who states: This statement consisting of 3 pages, each signed by me, is true to the best of my knowledge; and belief and I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I shall be liable to prosecution if I have willfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.
DATED: 030391
J S COLMAN (SIGNED)
I am Jason Simon COLMAN and I live at the address overleaf.
On Friday, 1st March 1991 I went out for the evening with four friends Mark BANHAM, Colin LORD, Clifford ELLISS and Terry, I don't knew his surname, he lives in Tilney or Terrington and works at Saddlebow sugar factory with Mark. We went out at 9 pm and went around various pubs in town. I had quite a bit to drink during the evening, drinking a number of pints of lager. I was merry towards the end of the night. I was wearing jeans, white training shoes, a mustard coloured T shirt and a woolen button up cardigan with vertical slim black and grey stripes. It was mainly grey with black stripes. Mark was wearing; jeans and a white shirt, a light blue ski type jacket and brown shoes. Clifford was wearing jeans I think black training shoes and a white shirt. Terry was wearing jeans, I can't remember what else. Colin was wearing jeans, a white shirt and a brown suit jacket with a light pin stripe. We went to the Cellar Bar arriving just before 11 pm. The bar was busy at the time and remained so during the evening. Inside we met up with Gary DAW, his girlfriend Shelley who is Clifford's sister, Caroline who works in the Pizza Gallery and her friend I don't know. Gary was wearing reasonably smart shirt and trousers, I can't remember what colours. We spent the evening in the area near the bar, between the bar the square pillar and the back wall. At about 12.45 am. I was aware of a scuffle which originated from the Disco area. I didn't see who was involved or what actually happened. I saw a bouncer with short blond hair, flat top type who I believe was Micky TEAL taking someone out of the bar from the area of the scuffle. I didn't see who was taken out. Caroline's friend had left prior to this. At closing time when the lights came on I left my drink and left the bar with Mark, Colin, Terry, Clifford and Caroline. I think Gary and Shelley left just before us. As we went upstairs into the street a crowd of people were just standing around. I noticed a man leaning against the wall at the top of the stairs. He was wearing a distinctive squared rugby shirt in red, green and white coloured squares. He had blond hair, in his late 20's, biggish build, about 5'11" tall. We walked through the crowd into the Tuesday Market place. I was following the friends I'd left with. I heard a scuffle and shouting behind me but couldn't see what was happening as the crowd obstructed my view. We all walked to Barclays Bank where Caroline got some money. We then walked diagonally across the market place into St. Nicholas Street. As we were about half way along, level with the car park on our right, I heard and then saw the man in the distinct! Rugby shirt run past us from behind. He was being chased by three men. I recognized the leading two as a doorman at the Cellar Bar and Carl SXXXXXX. They were followed by Micky TEAL. The doorman was in the entrance to the Cellar Bar when we arrived this evening. He was in his late 20's or early 30's, tall about 5'11", broad build with blond hair, straight which was longer at the back just over his collar with a slightly flicked over fringe. He was wearing a white shirt and I think trousers of a dark colour. Micky was dressed similar. Carl SXXXXXX was wearing a white or light blue shirt. I can't remember his trousers or shoes. As the man reached the solicitors building at the end of the car park he was stopped by one or two of them but immediately broke free. We stopped mid way along the car park. The man ran off again and turned right in the road towards Norfolk Street. I could see diagonally across the car park and saw this same man was stopped again outside the Lattice House pub on the opposite pavement. I couldn't see who stopped him but the man went down to the ground but all three joined in kicking him on the ground. I couldn't see where the kicks were landing. It appeared they continually kicked him for a minute or more. All three then ran off towards Norfolk Street and out of my view. Clifford then left us. The remainder of us walked up to the man. He was lying on his back in the gutter on the opposite side to the Lattice House with his right arm on the pavement. His head towards Norfolk Street. His face was a mess, blood was pumping out but I couldn't see where from. He sounded as if he was gargling. I ran up to Glebe taxis further down the road and told the man behind the desk to get an ambulance as someone had had a kicking. I then went back to the man followed by I think another man from Glebe Taxis. Me and Mark put the injured man in the recovery position. We waited for a while, it seemed a long while at the time, but was probably only minutes until a police car pulled up with two policemen. One got out with a torch. At this point Micky TEAL came back from the direction of Norfolk Street followed by the other blonde doorman. Micky said something like, we've had him. We want the other cunt." They jogged straight past and the police car with the driver went off after them. We all then left. I went home by taxi with Mark, Colin, Terry and Caroline went in a separate taxi. We went with Crown Cars. I just know Micky TEAL by name and sight. I have done so for couple of years as he is a bouncer around town. I've known of Carl SXXXXXX for about three and a half years from friends. He's not a man I speak to but see him occasionally in the Cellar Bar and he was in Lynn News and Advertiser and other papers about a year ago showing off his muscles. I believe this was to do with a show at LA'S. I have seen the other doorman on other occasions at the Cellar Bar. I think he may also have been at the Globe Hotel as a doorman. There is no doubt in my mind that these men who assaulted this man were Carl SXXXXXX, Micky TEAL and the other blonde doorman. Others persons I saw in the Cellar Bar during the evening were Steven BURKE the D.J., Raymond EDGELEY who lives in Front Way and Simon FOX who lives in Mariners Way. I would describe Micky TEAL as in his late 20's, about 5'11" to 6' tall, broad built with blonde hair with a flattish top and short at the sides and back. Carl SXXXXXX is about 25 years old, about 5'7" tall possibly smaller, muscular build and broad, he has blonde brown short spikey hair with gel on. He sometimes wears glasses but didn't have them on this night. As Micky TEAL ran past me in St. Nicholas Street I noticed he had blood on the chest of his shirt. I had a clear and unobstructed view across the car park. Cars were parked near me one; on the far side but not in the middle. Street lighting was on in St. Nicholas Street and outside The Lattice House which lit up all the events and people I've described.
J S COLMAN SIGNED
STATEMENT TAKEN
PLACE:
TIME: DATE: 030391
WITNESS TO SIGNATURE:
OFFICERS SIGNATURE: DC586 HAWKINS

No comments: