Saturday 2 February 2008

Time to come down.


Part one of my plan was acheived. I would of liked Karl to have got up as well but he was caught at the bottom of the makeshift rope. If your reading this Karl, you Donkey! Fortunately part two was acheived thanks to a visit from a friend. No sooner had he come to visit us then he was on his mobile ringing the press and local TV stations. Within the hour television crews and reporters were arriving. i remember him shouting up questions to me as he was giving interviews over the phone. It was now time to display the banner I had made from a pillow case. With the words SET UP in bold black letters. You see for me that is what was happening. I was being framed for a Murder I didn't commit or have any knowledge of. Like I said when I started this Blog, I knew Rod and I hadn't done it. I thought the Police couldn't be wrong about all of us, so I assumed Karl must of done it. How very wrong I was. As I started to see the statements I realised Karl had been dragged into this because he had come and got me from inside the club when Gorman was ouside playing up.
Anyway back to the roof, I have to congratulate the Officer who talked me down, he did a great job playing on my good nature. He talked for hours on how he would probably lose his job as negotiator for not getting me down. So in the end I gave up. We had the publicity we wanted. Henry Bellingham my M.P. had agreed to look at the case and start asking questions on our behalf. Obviously he couldn't get involved in the case per say. But what he found strange and it was something that certainly worried me ,was how long forensics were taking to come through. I had spoken to an inmate who was charged with murder in Ipswich. He had been involved in a fight with some one who had died as a result of it. Within a week Forensics had come back linking him to the Murder. An eyebrow of the dead man was found on his shoe after he had kicked him. So here I am in prison for 3 months and every week I have to listen to Philip Charnley the prosecutor stand up and explain why there was no Forensic evidence yet. Excuses varied from the forensic expert was away on a course then a family member had died and he was on compastionate leave. It went on and on. It played on my mind so much, that's how I can still remember it so well Mr Charnley! I thought they was going to fuck about with it, I mean they'd done everything else to keep me banged up. It would be the middle of June when the forensic evidence came back. There was nothing to link any of us with the fight on Gorman. I will post the results later. I should add that when I talk about this Murder and and use the words we and us, I'm taliking about Rod, Karl and myself. Gary Withers the other man who was eventually charged is not included. I will get to Withers and a friend of his later.

No comments: